Thursday 24 May 2012

Winter Wonderland - Embossing

The challenge this week is all about embossing:

http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/embossing.html

Now, that you have read that post..... I will tell you that I chose to do dry embossing:




I have used a Universal Embossing Folder called "Happy Holly"  that I bought a few months back but hadn't managed to use as yet.  I inked the folder using  Tim Holtz Distress Ink called Peeled Paint before I embossed the white card.  I also inked around the edges of the panel using the same distress ink.  The horizontal strip and matt were white card that I coloured using that same Peeled Paint Distress Ink which has come out darker as it was direct to paper.  The sentiment is one from When the scrap hits the fun http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.co.nz    .  The holly on the embossed panel has some red added using a copic marker.  I have also used a copic marker to colour the three bears on the top.  The bears were my daughter's idea as I didn't originally have them there - but she pointed out that the sentiment had bears in it and there were no bears on the card!  The only bears I could find were blue brads so I coloured them to match the card.  I have also added a couple of the smallest size of Kaisercraft rhinestones to the green strip.

1 comment:

  1. oh gorgeous embossing and a lovely creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete