Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sassy Studio Relay

The relay baton has been passed on from Charlotte to Samantha:

http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/sassy-in-city-relay-samantha-sassy.html


This card came about in an interesting way.  My internet at home is really slow and so I'm having to use the public library.  Yesterday, I checked my e-mails and found the new image there - at that stage there was nothing up on the Sassy Studio blog so no inspiration.  From there, I went to the swimming pool to teach some children.  I came home from the pool and created the card.  Looking at it today, I think I must have been influenced by my time at the pool last evening!



Anyway, the first layer is a paper from TLC Creations called CWKHMPapers31.  I have then used two Sassy Studio Design digital stamps.  I just cut the bath and some of the bubbles from the image called Bubble Bath.  I sat Samantha on the edge of the bath.  I then accented the bubbles on the background paper plus some of the ones from the Sassy Studio Bubble Bath image using blue rhinestones. 

I'm not sure that the photograph actually totally does this card justice as it looks very sparkly and bubble like when seen close up.  Hopefully, that effect does come through a bit in the photograph.

Whilst it is a bit different, I hope you like it and hope that no-one minds what I did with the bubble bath image!

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic job................Thanks for joining us for Round 2 of the Sassy in the City relay!!!!!

    SOMA
    SSD (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is great! Love that she is sitting on the edge of the tub. Awesome background bling.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular card! That paper and the blue rhinestones are perfect for the water/bubble effect! So clever to perch Samantha on the bath tub! Thanks for joining us for Round 2 of our Sassy in the City relay! Your next image will be emailed to you after 10pm EDT on June 27th. :)
    {hugs}
    Regan
    SSD Design Team and PCP Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous! I love the idea of using the blue gems for bubbles. A super fun card!! Thanks for entering Round 2 of the Sassy in the City relay. Good luck!

    xx Star (SSD-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card...love the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. Love all the bubble. Thank you for joining us over at SSD Sassy in the City Relay part 2. Can't wait to see your next creation.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun! Who doesn't like bubbles?! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job combining images! Lovely card!
    Thank you for joining us in the Sassy in the City Relay! Looking forward to see what you created with the next Sassy City Lady!
    Ruza - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out great Suze. Love the bubbly look of the background, very cool. Thanks for joining the Sassy in the City relay, can't wait to see what you create with Miranda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card!! Love all of the bling for the bubbles!! So creative!!

    Christy
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete