Monday 13 August 2012

Sparkly and Shiny

The challenge at Bearly Mine Designs was sparkly and shiny:

http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/its-all-sparkle-shine-this-week.html

When I saw this challenge, I immediately thought of this sentiment from TLC Creations and the card evolved from there:



I have used a Bearly Mine Designs paper that was a spotty one.  I covered each of the spots with a matching rhinestone to make the paper really sparkly!  The ribbon is some from American Crafts.  I have die-cut the sentiment and matt (from glitter cardstock) using Spellbinders Labels 4 dies. 

The flower has been cut using a Marianne's Creatables set.  I followed a tutorial on her site and made the flower - it is the first one that I have made following the tutorial and turned out much better than my own attempts.  She has three other ones with tutorials so I'm thinking of saving and investing in another one.  Each set comes with a frame - this one came with an oval one.  I actually bought the set for the oval frame but now I'm glad that I found the tutorial for the flower.  Anyway...back to the flower - once I constructed the flower I gave it a bit of sparkle with some Crystallina Kindy Glitz.

While you are at my blog - check out another card also made with Bearly Mine Designs papers.
http://craftysuze.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/nativity-card.html
This one isn't a sparkly one but have a look anyway!



1 comment:

  1. This is a fab card, I love your sentiment and all of those fab gems.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete