Monday 10 September 2012

Music Card

This card has been made for three challenges this week:
Scrap Happy Paper Crafter - Anything Goes
http://www.scraphappypapercrafter.com/2012/09/super-september-scraphappy-paper.html
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/anything-goes.html
Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes
http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.gr/2012/09/challenge-30-anything-goes.html
It was also going to be entered into Kaboodle Doodles - music but I didn't get it uploaded in time!

As my children are both musical I have gone with the music theme:



The image is one that I won from Scrap Happy Paper Crafter.  As I was one of the first five to enter the challenge last month, I got to pick a theme for a digi.  I chose a music theme.  My son is a trombonist and there are very few trombone images around so I'm really pleased to have this one!

I have collaged a background using some images from The Graphics Fairy.  As these are all vintage images,  I have tried to stick with more sepia toning for the image which I coloured with copics.  I added some corner frame brads and a couple of diamond shaped rhinestones.

I like the masculine vintage feel to this card.  As this card will probably go to my teenage son, I don't think he'd appreciate all the lace, flowers, etc that usually appear on my cards!







3 comments:

  1. Cute card! I used to play the flute in school. Sometimes I wish I had stuck it out with some instrument. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is he?! Great card!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week on
    Tuesday Alchemy.
    Cheers!
    Kelli
    Loves Happy Hour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how this turned out!!! I'm so glad that you like the digi I drew for you. It's so rewarding to see what you create with what I draw. SO MUCH FUN. Thanks for entering the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete