Saturday 13 October 2012

New Home Card

I haven't made a new home card before but I seem to have friends that are moving at the moment.  So here is my first new home card:



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Kenny K's Krafty Krew - orange, black and one other Halloween or autumn colour
http://kennykskraftykrew.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-114-black-orange-1.html
The Sweet Stop - sketch
http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/sss179-october-6.html
Shelly's Images - Tic Tac Toe
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/ttt-challenge-time-to-play-tic-tac-toe.html

I have used the sketch at The Sweet Stop as my design inspiration along with one row of Shelly's Images Tic Tac Toe.  The line I decided to work with was Orange - Bling - Die.  The obvious type of card with the colour choices at Kenny K's Krafty Krew was a Halloween card but we don't really celebrate Halloween that much and I've made a few already.  It was nice to think a bit outside the square for this one and the House image from Kenny K lent itself to this colour scheme using an olive green colour as my extra colour.

The papers are from DIY and Digital Designs (black) and Free Digital Scrapbook (both orange crackle papers).  The card is a white card black that I have inked around the edges using Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade.  The matting is done in black cardstock to give the layers a bit of pop.  The sentiment is from Netty's Cards.  The buttons are some old ones my Mum had away in a box in her cupboard. She let me go through the box and take what I wanted.  I have added some black diamond shaped rhinestones to the centre of the buttons.

2 comments:

  1. very nice card, thanks for joining us at Kenny K for our challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining in our colour challenge at Kenny K`s Krafty Krew. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete