Wednesday 27 March 2013

Gingham and checks

Whenever I see gingham, it reminds me of my food technology aprons at school.  My intermediate one was about the same colour as the gingham on this card - my secondary school one was a chocolate brown!


The card is for the challenges at:
Penny's Paper - Gingham and/or checks
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/03/challenge-119-gingham-andor-checks.html

Inspired by my memories of school aprons, I chose an image from Sassy Studio Designs called Backpack Brandy!  I have coloured her using copic markers and then die-cut using Spellbinders.  The matting is some metallic paper that I bought yesterday.  I bought some a couple of weeks ago on clearance and they have been fabulous - went into the shop again yesterday and they still had some left so I bought some more colours! I have also added three red buttons which are from my Mum's button box.  She has had that box full of buttons for as long as I can remember.  Last year when I visited her she let me sort through the box and take any I wanted.  I have been progressively using them over the past year but still have quite a few left yet!  I have also added a strip of Glitter Tape from American Crafts.

2 comments:

  1. Great colours and a lovely image. The buttons finish it perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Suze. The gingham looks like my old school's summer uniform.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete