Thursday 7 March 2013

Pastel Green Present Bear

I felt like making a card with more of a pastel background.  Not really sure why, but this card evolved from that desire:

The card is for the challenges at:
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/03/anything-goes-saturday-challenge.html
Stella Says Sketch - Sketch 131
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/stella-says-sketch-challenge-131.html
Penny's Paper - stitching - real or faux
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/03/pennys-challenge-117-stitching-real-or.html

The background paper for this card comes from my stash.  I liked the pattern on the bottom of this paper and felt it would give the lower part of this card some interest.  The image is from Bugaboo.  I have added some "stitching" around the image with a Black Soot Distress Marker.  The ribbon is some grosgrain from American Crafts.  I added a button to the ribbon as I felt it needed something more.

6 comments:

  1. Really cute card and pastels. I have a hard time with pastels. I love how you did your card and darling image. Thanks for joining us at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! thanks for joining us at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! thanks for joining us at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you went with your instincts. The card turned out beautiful and I really love that huge button. It just tops everything off.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I love that cute little bear!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete