Sunday 30 June 2013

Thinking of You in Blue and Grey

A very cool colour scheme - possibly inspired by the cool temperatures today!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch 212
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/ssw-212.html
Incy Wincy Designs - Tic Tac Toe (Blue and Grey, Emboss, Lace)
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/tic-tac-toe.html
The Outlawz CFC Challenge
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/cfc/forum/topics/creative-freebie-challenge-june-30-to-july-13

Here is the sketch that I followed:


I have used papers from MME and DCWV for this card.  The embossed half ovals are grey cardstock and have been embossed with a folder called "Heavy Duty" by Craft Creations.  The lace is some my mother gave me a while back which I think she has had for many years and not used.  The image is from Sandi Huggett as part of The Outlawz CFC Challenge.  I have added a Thinking of You sentiment from Sans Designs and also some buttons I got in a grab bag.

8 comments:

  1. such a fun card and I love the use of the buttons. Such a nice effect. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely and I like the buttons too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suze, I love your card and I know what you mean about the cooler temperatures. This is a lovely image and I like what you did adding those button embellishments. Your design papers are really pretty love those pastel shades. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so soft and pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suze,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Incy Wincy :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. I love how you have used the buttons & the paper is perfect :) Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.
    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :) Feel free to enter my design giveaway on Facebook.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns - Free Giveaway
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with the cool color palette. Love those button embellishments. Very pretty! So good to have you join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue and gray, what a wonderful color combo. Such a beautiful image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft blue and gray... so pretty!! also love the added buttons =)
    So glad you joined us again this week!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete