Tuesday 26 November 2013

A Cupcake - Just For you

The inspiration for this card comes from a challenge that is "No Designer Paper".  Anyone who knows me knows that I love working with papers so this was a bit of a challenge for me.  However, I am so pleased with the end result that I am glad that I tackled this challenge.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration (cake)
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/pinspirational-challenge-84.html
Delicious Doodles - No Design Paper
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/challenge-63-no-design-paper.html
The Outlawz Wednesday Challenge - Sketch
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/sketchchallenge/forum/topics/wednesday-sketch-challenge-november-20

I stippled the square card blank with some Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick using a shaving brush.  I embossed some red foil card with a Sizzix embossing folder and then rounded the corners (by hand as I couldn't locate my punch!). The image is from Delicious Doodles and coloured with copic markers E000, YR68, YR23, R35, R11, E50.  The sentiment is from Sans Designs.  I also added some pink pearls and peeloff border stickers.

The layout follows the sketch at The Outlawz Wednesday challenge.

I have to say that I was worried that the foil wouldn't photograph well but fortunately my worries were unfounded!

4 comments:

  1. Clever way of turning the red foil into your own "patterned paper". Thanks for playing along at Pinspirational Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, Suze, how fabulous is this card, I love the strong colours you have used on this DD image, thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles, this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card hun! Love it!

    Thank you so much for joining Delicious Doodles for our No DP challenge and Good Luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}Spirational challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete