Thursday 20 March 2014

Paper Pieced Ava

I'm not a great fan of paper piecing - all the fiddly cutting! - but if there is a challenge featuring paper piecing I try not to shy away from it!


I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - Paper Piecing
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/challenge-85-paper-piecing.html
Catch The Bug - BINGO (ribbon + Bugaboo Image + pearls)
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/bingo-challenge.html
Stella Says Sketch - Sketch 205
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/stella-says-sketch-challenge-205.html

I have used a paper from Kaisercraft for the background.  The paper used for the paper piecing and the contrast square comes from Computer Scrapbook.  I matted with some tan cardstock from Rosie's Studio.  I have added some mesh ribbon, some glitter tape from American Crafts, some pearls from Sullivans.  I added Faux Stitching using Distress Marker - Vintage Photo.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Ava so nicely done and I love the added pearls around the oval. Darling. Thanks for joining us at Catch the bug Bingo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, great job on the paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug for the Bingo Challenge and the Stella Says Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fussy cutting is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Stella Says Sketch challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge - good luck in the draw!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO STAMPS

    ReplyDelete