Thursday 15 May 2014

Brown and Blue

I wasn't initially sure about this colour scheme - but I'm glad that I undertook the challenge of combining these colours as I'm pleased with the result.


I am entering my card into these challenges:
Delicious Doodles - Brown and Blue
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/05/challenge-87-blue-and-brown.html
Robyn's Fetish Challenge - Flowers in Image
http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/challenge-211-cards-with-flowers-in.html
One Stitch At A Time - Use a Digi
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/05/challenge-212.html

I used a relatively unpatterned background paper - not sure of the brand.  The image is Spring Flower Corner from Delicious Doodles and has been coloured with copic markers E18, E15, B29, B24.  I added a sentiment from Create with TLC, some brown wood effect washi tape and some large blue rhinestones.  The dies used are Spellbinder Ovals and Labels.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, really pretty image... Thank You so much for joining us at Delicious Doodles for this weeks challenge. Good luck in draw and we hope to see you again real soon....Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation!!! Love that image!! and you have colored it just beautifully!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, DT Member @ Delicious Doodles
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never used to think that brown and blue went together either but it is incredible how much I've grown to love the two colours together. Same with pink and brown. Pretty image and great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just beautiful. I really like the blue and brown together. :D
    Thank you for joining us at OSAAT Challenge - Use a Digi.
    Deborah OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Creation. Love the colours combo, very "class". Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, and great flower image :) The colours look gorgeous together. Thank you so much for joining us last week at OSAAT and we hope to see you again for this weeks new challenge 'Keep it simple' that starts today at midday! Hugs
    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete