Thursday 23 April 2015

My Two Favourite Colours

My two favourite colours are yellow and orange.  For a while though, I never crafted in those colours.   But I ended up with a heap of stash in those colours so have started using them to craft with.  They are such happy sunshiney colours.




I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Sassy Studio Designs - Have It Your Way
 http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/have-it-your-way-dtbst-277.html
Corrosive Challenge - Floral Fantasy
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/challenge-222-floral-fantasy.html
PINspirational Challenge - Anything Goes
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/pinspirational-challenge-138.html
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/AG-30.html

I have used a background paper from Rosie's Studio.  The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and coloured with copic markers E00, E43, E41, YR04, Y06, Y02.  The bow is created from some ribbon that I bought at the weekend.  My daughter wanted to check out the New Zealand Opera "Behind The Scenes" Open Day.  They had some old costumes being sold really cheap along with some trims and stuff.  My daughter ended up buying some costumes and some trims but I managed to get alot of little bags of trims suitable for cardmaking for 50 cents per bag.  This ribbon is just one in a mixed bag of yellow ribbons - I must have about 5 metres or so for 50 cents!

Anyway, back to the card.  The matting and the flowers have been die-cut from some orange mulberry paper.  It is quite a heavy weight paper so the flowers sit well.  I embellished the flowers with a little stickles and some pearls coloured with copic Y06.  I also added some clear rhinestones to the top of the card.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the bow you've added. Thanks for sharing at DTBST. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suze thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Suze thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete